UnityLink Financial Services has been granted Authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to carry on payment services activities from 1 November 2009, under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (Authorisation number: 504521).
UnityLink financial services as Money Services Business is also regulated by the HMRC and registered for Money laundering regulations (MLR registration number: 12124048). Our compliance officer, nominated officer according to the FCA/HMRC rules, works with management and staff to identify and manage regulatory risk. He makes sure UnityLink Financial Services complies with the Money Laundering Regulations.
UnityLink’s Money Laundering controls are implemented through the following steps:
- Training staff and agents
- Producing and maintaining our AML handbook of Policies and Procedures (adapted to each country)
- Continual updates for staff and agents through training, circulars and newsletters
- Inbuilt controls in our software/systems
- Audit and sampling checks of transactions
- Test checks at Agent’s premises
- Reporting to the National Crimes Agency (NCA) when appropriate
Agents are using Unity Link’s existing Remitone software in the same way by our branches and agents both in the UK and Europe. The software system used by all Unity Link Agents and staff are fully compliant with the laid down procedures required by the regulators in the UK and adapted to the rest of Europe compliance rules. The software used by our agents has in-built Money Laundering filters that are able to identify, monitor and track transactions.
Our own Remitone programme monitors all payments on the basis of our Money Laundering Procedures as required by the FCA and HMRC and any changes to the requirements will be automatically reflected on our Remitone software.
We are working closely with our regulators to make sure we comply with their rules.